Saturday, September 03, 2005

Katrina

Wow. It is just filtering down to me now quite how bad and devastating this hurricane has been to New Orleans. I would advise going over to Killoggs (link on right) if you want a first hand description of someone who was there - it started to make it hit home for me.

One of the staff here just commented to me that we really don't realise how lucky we are in the UK. My heart goes out to those who have, are, or will be suffering due to this catastrophe. I wish there was something I could do to help, but all I can do is read the accounts of the devastation, and say my thoughts are with you all.

From Reuters.com:
"Many stranded evacuees recounted horrific tales of murder, rape, death threats and near-starvation inside the filthy, reeking shelter this week."

"Two infants were among those who perished because help was too slow in coming."

God...

No comments: