Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In response to Rednaked Woman, here are the answers to my interview:

1. What/who is the longest friendship you have ever maintained?

I don't tend to keep very close friends, but my oldest friendship goes back to 6 days after I was born, and she is now going to be a bridesmaid at my wedding.

2. What do you love most about your job? Hate the most?

Hmmm. The love part is hard, so I'll start with the hate. I hate the fact that although the carers here know that they are essentially working in someones "home", they act like the clients are priveliged to have them around, and certainly don't act like carers! There is a huge apathy here at the moment, which is hard to break people out of. I love the fact that I get to spend a lot of time on the computer/internet. Not a great plus point to the job!

3. Do you think you’re more like your mom or dad and why?

I am actually a big combination of the 2 together, but I suppose I am more like my Mum. I see a lot of attributes in myself that I don't like, and then I realise that I also see them in my Mum. I don't think I want to end up like her, sadly.

4. Where would you go and what would you do on your dream vacation?

This is a hard one. I would go anywhere! No, somewhere where I can can all-inc, cold drinks, hot (but not too hot) sun, sand, sea, with my partner, being able to just relax and not worry that my fish have died (yes, happened when I last went away), or the house has fallen down (no, didn't happen!), or getting a call from work. That would be nice!

5. You have said “Women, on the whole, intimidate me”. Specifically what intimidates you and why?

I feel like I am not feminine enough to compete, and often feel frumpy/dowdy, fat, awkward, badly dressed etc. next to others. I know this is awful self-imagery, and I need to improve it, but what's a girl to do? I think it all stems from being the tall, awkward and clumsy girl at school, who didn't really get any interest from boys until I was 18, and then it was from 2 who I suppose were "geeks". I get very insecure very easily - I don't often get invited to places, but see others getting invited, and can never figure out why it's not me! How sad did all that sound... but you did ask!

OK, the instructions for this interview are as follows:

Blog-A-Thon Instructions:Here’s how it works:Leave a comment saying "interview me" if you’d like to be interviewed. I’ll respond by asking you 5 questions here. They’ll be different than those above. Update your blog with your answers to the questions. When you do so, include this same explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same manner. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you’ll ask them five new questions.

No comments: