Saturday, November 27, 2004

I'm sad to say that I have just found out that "Sidsays" who blogged on clearlycalm was not actually in prison for fraud, but was just a big fat liar! I'm actually quite disappointed with this, sadly.

I've been to clearlycalm recently, and it leads to a half-baked website for an RC school in London, strangely. The perpetrator of this weird and annoying "crime" is one Simon Duncan. Can't seem to find much on what happened to the blog site, but I would have loved to have read the posts that outed him as a webdesigner, rather than a prisoner...

On to nicer things:

I've been looking at bridesmaids dresses recently, and I can't believe how expensive they are! If you're looking at dresses that are marketed specifically for "bridesmaids", then the cost is horrendous! I'm going to look for nice dresses on the high street, I think, and most likely in the January sales!

I was inspired to write a list of books that have struck me and stuck to me over the years by Chris over on Witches Blood, and if he doesn't mind, I will recreate the comment I added to his site here as my post. I couldn't believe how hard it was to come up with a list of books that I remembered well, and that affected me in some way, even though I must have read an entire library's worth of books by now. Anyway, my list is below. The sad thing is I got stuck at 8 and had to resort to authors instead...! I may come back to this list at a later date...

1. I know this much is true by Wally Lamb (I am reading it for a 2nd time - it's quite an amazing book)

2. Have spacesuit, Will travel by Robert Heinlein. I can't tell you how many times I have read this...

3. The Business by Iain Banks.

4. Billy by Whitley Streiber. I read this book over 10 years ago, now, and it's stuck with me ever since, although I had to do a really deep search on Amazon to find out the name of the author.

5. Otherworld by ??? Max somebody? There are 3 volumes...!

6. Good Night Mr. Tom by Michelle Magorian

7. Cat by Freya North

8. Rachel's Holiday by Marian Keyes

There are so many books that I have read, but I can't remember most of them! I especially like Marian Keyes, Iain Banks (and his sci-fi alter ego, Iain M. Banks) and Freya North, so I have been a little reticent in picking too many specific books of theirs.

No comments: