Friday, July 16, 2004

I'm sure I was meant to finish at 4pm yesterday.... I actually got home at 11pm, and had to come back to work for 7am this morning! Bit of crisis with a resident here, vomiting up blood and stuff. You know, the usual...! I had to go after my shift 10 miles to the hospital to pick up the staff member sat with the resident, then sat in traffic for an hour and a half, and got back to the unit at 6pm. I was then rung at 8pm to go back to the unit as the person who had taken over from me had to back up to the hospital and sit with client again - the hospital couldn't cope with him! So, I was at the unit for another 2 hours until 10pm, then I had to take the residents oxygen machine up to the hospital, so I didn't get home until 11pm!! You would have thought that the hospital would be equipped to give this resident the correct levels of oxygen mix themselves, but apparently not...
 
So, that was my not fun day. How did yours go?!

No comments: