Thursday, June 24, 2004

And England are out.


I can't believe it. I've never really followed any football before, but I have been really into the games this time, and I've been impressed with the skills they all have. I've even been shouting at them through the tv! Well, England got to the end of the game with Portugal, and because it is into the quarter finals we had to go to what I think is called Silver Goal - 15 mins each end, and whoever scores the most wins. But unfortunately we were still level after that extra 30 minutes, so it went to a Penalty shootout! Beckham (and I still can't believe this) MISSED the first shot, but thankfully the other players were up to par, and a player on the other side missed one. So, we were again level after the normal 5 shots each side. So we carried on... and then we missed another, and Portugal scored..... USING THEIR GOALIE!!!! For fucks sake. I mean, is that allowed?! Oh, I don't really want to go home tomorrow because I know that there will lots of debris in the street!

Oh well. That's the name of the game. And I must say that I have enjoyed it thoroughly! (except the losing bit...)

No comments: